As many visitors to Alexandra are moved by what they see and frequently ask the question “How can we help?”, FOA has established “Angels of Friends of Alexandra.” This is a program where orphans at the NOAH facility are “adopted” by an “Angel” to the value of $700 per year. We currently have 12 children who receive special attention through the Angels of Friends of Alexandra program.
This is how the program works:
- An”Angel” contributes $700 per annum per child.
- A child at the NOAH facility is identified by the NOAH team as being the most deserving at that time and is then selected to benefit.
- The $700 is spent by FOA specifically on the child identified.
- Money is used to buy clothing, school books, school uniforms, day to day clothing, food parcels and ‘little extras’ to make the child feel special and cared for – such as Birthday cakes and Xmas presents.
- Details of the child and his/her photograph are sent to the donor a is a picture and some details of the sponsor given to the child (if opld enough to understand).
See how you can help!